The Mission of the Flint Police Foundation is to promote public safety through partnerships that provide resources to help the Flint Police Department perform at its highest level in service to the community.
With the the support of city leaders, the Flint Police Foundation was formed into a nonprofit, 501 (c) (3) corporation in early 2014.
1. Promote and support the Flint Police Department.
• Work with the City of Flint, and the Flint Police Department to ensure that each police officer is qualified, trained, equipped, and educated to perform at the highest levels of professional standards;
• Enhance the capabilities of the Department by facilitating access to world-class processes and operational tools;
• Assist the Flint Police Department in providing effective and responsive services to those who live and work in the City of Flint;
2. Promote and support community outreach
• Enlist broad participation in the quest for an even better quality of life for those who live, work or visit the City of Flint’
• Encourage private sector organizations to advocate for the police departments by ensuring that current and prospective businesses are aware of the effectiveness and responsiveness of the services provided by the police department of the City of Flint;
3. Provide the Flint Police Department with management and operational tools to coordinate law enforcement effort for both crime prevention and intervention.
• Assist the Flint Police Department in reducing crime related to employees, customers, and tenants of businesses located within the City of Flint;
4. Enhance the communication and image of the City and the Flint Police Department.